Deven Guilford Shooting: 17-year-old Tasered, Shot, Killed Filming Police [Cellphone Bodycam VIDEO]

June 17, 2015 in News, Video by RBN Staff

“Guilford, who was unarmed, was shocked with a stun gun after not complying with Frost’s commands and then was shot seven times following an altercation with the officer.”

Source: YouTube

Published on Jun 17, 2015

SHOCK Video shows a side-by-side view of video from Sgt. Frost’s body camera and Deven Guilford’s cell phone video. No charges for Sgt. Jonathan Frost in police shooting of Deven Guilford

Cop Murders 17-Year-Old Kid For Not Complying With Traffic Stop
Boy had flashed lights at cop for having overly bright headlights

CHARLOTTE – An Eaton County Sheriff’s sergeant’s actions in a fatal shooting in February were lawful, a prosecutor said Tuesday.
Eaton County Prosecutor Doug Lloyd said he reviewed the investigation by Michigan State Police, video from Sgt. Jonathan Frost’s body camera and footage from the cell phone of 17-year-old Deven Guilford, who was filming the traffic stop after being pulled over by Frost near Grand Ledge. Frost’s patrol vehicle did not have a dash camera.
Guilford, who was unarmed, was shocked with a stun gun after not complying with Frost’s commands and then was shot seven times following an altercation with the officer.

“No one wins in these particular situations, but it’s the prosecutor’s responsibility to look at the facts, make a determination from the facts — was there a crime or was there not a crime?” Lloyd said.

Guilford’s family said they will seek justice elsewhere following Lloyd’s decision.

The lawyer for the family called Frost’s actions “unreasonable” and said the family is planning a federal civil lawsuit.

Related: Statement from the family of Deven Guilford

Lloyd’s announcement shed light on an incident that had previously only been described by sheriff’s officials as an officer-involved shooting that resulted in Guilford’s death and Frost being injured.

MSP investigators interviewed Guilford’s father and girlfriend, who both said he had been watching YouTube videos of police encounters with citizens. While he didn’t express anti-police views, Lloyd’s release said Guilford described the videos as examples of police violating citizens’ rights.

Frost, an eight-year veteran, initiated the stop after Guilford flashed his bright lights because he thought Frost’s were on, according to the video played during the press conference. The 2015 Ford Explorer that Frost was driving has regular headlights that may seem to be on high beams when they are not. The vehicle drew a similar reaction from at least one other driver who had been pulled over by Frost that evening, Lloyd said.
The traffic stop was for a civil infraction for flashing his bright lights at an oncoming vehicle closer than 500 feet. Guilford repeatedly refused to give Frost his driver’s license, registration and proof of insurance, which would have been a misdemeanor. It was later determined Guilford’s license was with his girlfriend, Lloyd said.

Toxicology results showed that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, was in Guilford’s system at the time of the stop. The level of the substance “suggests that Deven used marijuana within three to four hours or sooner,” of the traffic stop, according to a press release issued by Lloyd’s office.

Frost initially used his stun gun on Guilford while the teen was lying on his stomach next to his vehicle but would not put his hands behind his back as Frost was attempting to handcuff him. The stun gun wasn’t fully effective because only one of two probes embedded into Guilford, Lloyd said, although Guilford shouted in pain.

Lloyd said Guilford got off the ground and the altercation ended in a snow-filled ditch, where Guilford was able to get on top of Frost and was hitting him in the face. There is no video of the final moments. Frost’s body camera came off during the fight and his SUV had no dash camera; Guilford’s cell phone remained on the pavement, recording audio of the shots but no video of the shooting.

Lloyd said Frost could feel blood in his mouth and felt he was about to lose consciousness before he removed his gun from the holster. Lloyd said Frost’s gun did not fire at first, but he ejected an unfired round, chambered a new round and fired seven shots at close range in four seconds, all of which struck Guilford.

video footage caught on tape cellphone camera surveillance raw dash cam air live on tv share comment like most popular HD